Monday, November 29, 2010

When Nature Pays A Visit

What will you do when nature pays a visit??with guest like prying mantis and attacus atlas?take the forsaken camera and snap the lens out of it.Unbelievably I was bewildered by this sudden visit from this critters which rather amusingly weird.i mean I'm staying in an apartment which is basically located in rather a developed area,so this uncanny approach from nature’s guest is awesome.
Introducing……


Prying mantis..

I was busy revisioning, I had this sudden urge of feeling that I was stalked. To my surprise this Martian like creature is actually sunbathing under my room’s lamp. Without any hesitation I decided to paparazzi it..




To my astonishment this mantis is an amazing model!i should have pay it with a free meal of other insects of course..sadly he flew away,with his image memories safely captured in time.i address as a he is because adult male mantis are thinner in size compared to females.And mantis are famous for their cannibalism mating session,where the dude mantis is always devoured by the opposite sex.GOSH.
Seriously after my paparazzi encounter with him, I would say mantis are mesmerising creature.He looked directly into my eyes.At one moment I felt as though he is looking through my soul…
Till then mantis dude….












Attacus atlas…sound familir,im sure not..winks


Now this is wat I call attacus atlas and simple derivation as giant moth or the atlas moth
I was frigging mesmerised by the sight of this giant beauty,that i fail to snap pics that compares the size of my hand to size of tat moth.its gargantuan people.personally this is my second encounter, the 1st was back in a jungle in 1999.Its a rare sight to actually see this massive 25-30 cm airbus moth in a city area.











This moth is famous for its map-like wing patterns. In Hong Kong the Cantonese name translates as "snake's head moth", referring to apical extension of the forewing, which bears a passing resemblance to a snake's head,n if u realised it friggin furry.what i have rounded from tis creatures is tat,we have actually failed to realise the beutyness of mothernature creation,im greatly honoured in a weird way tat we have still have the privilege to encounter with this miracles of life.Do check out its unique antenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment